NEWPORT - A Carteret County man is facing charges in connection with a child pornography investigation.
Deputies say Michael Heintz, 44, was arrested Wednesday after they executed a search warrant at Heintz's residence. Investigators say Heintz was in possession of child pornography images.
Heintz was charged with third degree exploitation of a minor and was placed in the Carteret County Jail under a $25,000.00 bond. He is scheduled for his first court appearance Thursday.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter