CHICOD, PITT COUNTY - Viewer Tony Boyd sent us new video of the tornado that hit Eastern Carolina on April 25.
According to Boyd, the above video was shot across from Chicod School facing east.
The hardest hit location was along Whichards Beach Road near Chocowinity, where several homes were destroyed. The tornado was rated as an EF3, meaning wind speeds were between 136 to 165 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Overall, state officials reported more than 500 homes were damaged, including 60 homes that were destroyed, in Beaufort, Chowan, Pasquotank and Perquimans Counties.
Gov. Pat McCrory had asked for emergency federal funds for Eastern Carolina, but FEMA denied that request.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump