CHICOD, PITT COUNTY - Viewer Tony Boyd sent us new video of the tornado that hit Eastern Carolina on April 25.
According to Boyd, the above video was shot across from Chicod School facing east.
The hardest hit location was along Whichards Beach Road near Chocowinity, where several homes were destroyed. The tornado was rated as an EF3, meaning wind speeds were between 136 to 165 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Overall, state officials reported more than 500 homes were damaged, including 60 homes that were destroyed, in Beaufort, Chowan, Pasquotank and Perquimans Counties.
Gov. Pat McCrory had asked for emergency federal funds for Eastern Carolina, but FEMA denied that request.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend