A developer says a new movie theater is coming to New Bern and also reveals that a movie production company is coming to the Colonial Capital.
It's all part of the Craven Thirty development which recently broke ground at the intersection of Hwy 70 and the Hwy 43 Connector.
An official with the development company said Southeast Cinemas has committed to building a 12-screen theater at Craven Thirty.
The movie production company that's planning to work out of the development would use more than 200 acres, nearly half of the project. The company plans to bring 60 jobs to the area.
The developer said Craven Thirty could see $200 million dollars in sales by 2014.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend