MOREHEAD CITY - The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament board of directors announces the signing of its latest sponsor, Calcutta®, for the upcoming 2013, 2014 and 2015 competitions.
Calcutta is a nationwide company that provides fishing tools, tackle bags, and fishing apparel.
"We are extremely pleased to have Calcutta as our major sponsor," said tournament director Crystal Hesmer. "[The] Calcutta brand is synonymous with fishing and we are excited to have them in the lead of our sponsor lineup."
The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament is a 55-year-old tournament held in Morehead City annually, that has donated almost $3 million dollars to charity since 1988, event organizers said.
"Calcutta is very excited to be the major sponsor of the Big Rock Blue Marlin
Tournament for the next three years," said the company's Director of Product Development Chris Pardue. "Calcutta has always been a strong supporter of recreational billfishing and billfish conservation, so partnering with the world's premier billfish tournament is a perfect fit for us."
A fleet of 120 boats took part in the Blue Rock Blue Marlin Tournament this past June, with a purse of $1, 252,950, said event organizers.
- Updated Christopher Suggs takes action against gun violence in Kinston
- Updated Eerily quiet: 38 days of near-silence for stocks
- Updated Chris Brown arrest adds to troubled history
- Updated Predicted rainy forecast forces high schools to move more games
- Updated Poll: Clinton favorability slides to equal Trump