CHARLOTTE - New security measures await fans entering Bank of American Stadium to watch the Carolina Panthers in their preseason opener.
The Charlotte Observer reports that when fans show up for Friday night's game, they will encounter new policies put in effect in the wake of the bombings at the Boston Marathon last April. The new rules are designed to protect fans and speed up security lines.
Under the new rules, only clear plastic or clear vinyl bags no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches will be allowed. Sealable plastic bags are OK, as are foam seat pads without zippers, clasps or compartments.
NFL Chief Security Officer Jeffrey Miller said fans regularly asked him to speed up the security process and the new policy should do that.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County