CROATAN NATIONAL FOREST - A new forest ranger has been named to take over the Croatan National Forest.
The U.S. Forest Service appointed Jim Gumm, an Air Force veteran, as the new district ranger.
Gumm has served in national forests in New Mexico and California. He has also worked with the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Gumm will take over management of the Croatan in October.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway