CROATAN NATIONAL FOREST - A new forest ranger has been named to take over the Croatan National Forest.
The U.S. Forest Service appointed Jim Gumm, an Air Force veteran, as the new district ranger.
Gumm has served in national forests in New Mexico and California. He has also worked with the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Gumm will take over management of the Croatan in October.
- Updated Melania Trump to give two or three 'important speeches'
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries