Castle Hayne - Deputies in New Hanover County say they need help finding a man who hasn't been seen since he left the detention center.
They say 41-year-old Phillip Adams left the center on Sept. 6 and has not been heard from since.
Adams suffers from a mental disability, but is not considered dangerous. He is described as 5 ft. 9 inches tall and around 190 lbs.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the New Hanover Sheriff's office at (910) 798-4161
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health