GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville City Manager Barbara Lipscomb has officially announced who will be the city's interim fire-rescue chief.
Deputy Chief Eric Griffin will assume the role on March 25, when Fire Chief Bill Ale retires. Griffin has been a member of the Greenville Fire-Rescue Department for more than 20 years.
Chief Ale had served in local government for 36 years, and decided to step down after months of consideration.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures