ONSLOW COUNTY - Two Camp Lejeune Marines, who were arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl in August, are facing additional charges. That's according to Jacksonville Police Spokeswoman Beth Purcell.
Lance Cpl. William Conner, 21, and Pfc. George Nelson, 19, are both now charged with additional counts of indecent liberties with a child and felony conspiracy. Pfc. Nelson also faces an additional statutory rape and sexual offense charge.
Two Camp Lejeune Marines were arrested, for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl.
According to the Jacksonville Daily News, 19-year-old Pfc. George Nelson, of Marysville, Ohio, and 21-year-old Lance Cpl.William Conner, of Dayton, Virginia, were charged with statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child. The rape allegedly happened on a dirt road near a construction site, investigators said.
Both Marines had been promoted within the last year or so. Nelson and Conner made their first court appearances on Monday. Nelson was in the Onslow County Detention Center on a $125,000 bond. Conner was being held on a $128,00 bond.
- Updated Big reward offered in local breaking and entering case
- Updated Scientists discover coin-sized night frogs in India
- Updated SpaceX aborts space station docking
- New Doctor says coyote followed him into work
- Divisive rhetoric from leaders like Trump, Duterte threatens human rights, Amnesty says