A man acquitted of murder charges in Onslow County is one of two suspects arrested on drug charges.
Jacksonville authorities arrested Nickey Yates, 22, Monday night on three counts of trafficking in heroin along with other drug charges.
In 2010, Yates was accused of killing his neighbor and stealing her prescription pain pills.
He was found not guilty in that case last year.
Investigators also arrested Michael Meadows, 24, and charged him with possession with intent to manufacture, sell or distribute heroin.
Both men are being held in the Onslow County Jail.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway