CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern woman hopes to go from the stage to the studio.
Bonita Burney Simmons was selected for a national singing competition, put on by WE tv and the gospel duo -- "Mary Mary".
"I have an assignment, a divine assignment," Simmons said.
You can help her get to the next level of the competition by voting on the WE tv website.
"I admire them (Mary Mary) because their story is my story, girls who grew up in church. I don't know anything else but church," Simmons said.
She recently finished her fourth CD, and her single -- "I Surrender" -- is available on iTunes.
Simmons says it's not about winning the competition but motivating others to win in life.
"Many people are hurting, many people are still crying over things they should have left in yesterday," she said.
The winner of the contest will receive a three-day trip to Los Angeles, spending money and a recording session with professional producers.
To vote for Bonita, CLICK HERE. Voting ends Feb. 14th.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend