CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern woman hopes to go from the stage to the studio.
Bonita Burney Simmons was selected for a national singing competition, put on by WE tv and the gospel duo -- "Mary Mary".
"I have an assignment, a divine assignment," Simmons said.
You can help her get to the next level of the competition by voting on the WE tv website.
"I admire them (Mary Mary) because their story is my story, girls who grew up in church. I don't know anything else but church," Simmons said.
She recently finished her fourth CD, and her single -- "I Surrender" -- is available on iTunes.
Simmons says it's not about winning the competition but motivating others to win in life.
"Many people are hurting, many people are still crying over things they should have left in yesterday," she said.
The winner of the contest will receive a three-day trip to Los Angeles, spending money and a recording session with professional producers.
To vote for Bonita, CLICK HERE. Voting ends Feb. 14th.
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person
- Updated Perez promises to be Trump's 'worst nightmare'