NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern man plead guilty stabbing his girlfriend multiple times, Prosecutors said Friday.
In an e-mail to NewsChannel 12, the Craven County District Attorney's Office said Carl King, 35 of New Bern, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury. King was accused of stabbing his girlfriend in with a pocket knife multiple times following an argument in April 2012. Prosecutors said the victim, a mother, had to be transported by helicopter to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville as a result.
King, a habitual felon, was sentenced to 10-14 years in prison.
He must also pay $18,000 in restitution.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Updated NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue