NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern man plead guilty stabbing his girlfriend multiple times, Prosecutors said Friday.
In an e-mail to NewsChannel 12, the Craven County District Attorney's Office said Carl King, 35 of New Bern, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury. King was accused of stabbing his girlfriend in with a pocket knife multiple times following an argument in April 2012. Prosecutors said the victim, a mother, had to be transported by helicopter to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville as a result.
King, a habitual felon, was sentenced to 10-14 years in prison.
He must also pay $18,000 in restitution.
- New Rousseff's impeachment trial opens in Brazil
- Updated Navy surprises ailing WWII veteran at his home
- Updated Here's what happened to AIDS drug that spiked 5,000%
- Accused Pitt Co. murder suspect officially charged with murder of three children
- Greenville Fire & Rescue classifies overnight fire as intentional