NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern man plead guilty stabbing his girlfriend multiple times, Prosecutors said Friday.
In an e-mail to NewsChannel 12, the Craven County District Attorney's Office said Carl King, 35 of New Bern, pleaded guilty to assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, inflicting serious injury. King was accused of stabbing his girlfriend in with a pocket knife multiple times following an argument in April 2012. Prosecutors said the victim, a mother, had to be transported by helicopter to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville as a result.
King, a habitual felon, was sentenced to 10-14 years in prison.
He must also pay $18,000 in restitution.
- Updated Poll: Most see a Clinton victory and a fair count ahead
- New Man involved in possible shooting arrested in Havelock after chase
- Updated Trump: 'My employees are having a tremendous problem with Obamacare'
- Updated 'We have each other': Police escort daughter of fallen officer to school
- Urine is eroding the world's tallest church tower