NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - [UPDATED 12:38 P.M.] Emergency officials said all bridges in New Bern are back open after crews cleared several vehicle accidents amid icy conditions.
[UPDATED 12:11 P.M.] Emergency officials said only the northbound lanes of the Neuse River Bridge are closed as crews work to clear several wrecks.
Officials said the bridge is expected to reopen soon.
The Neuse River Bridge in New Bern has been closed due to multiple accidents Tuesday morning, according to emergency officials.
Officials told NewsChannel 12 at 11:45 a.m. Tuesday that the bridge has been shut down so crews can clear several accidents.
The bridge will reopen when the wrecks get cleared up. NewsChannel 12 will post updates here.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates