HAVELOCK - Havelock fire officials are working to determine how a home caught fire Wednesday.
The incident happened on the 300 block of Tallpine Road just after 6:00 a.m., officials said. A family lives in the home, but the family was not there at the time of the fire. The home looks to be a total loss.
A house nearby also sustained some damage to its siding. However, that home did not catch fire.
The people who live next door were the ones who called 911. Austin Hubbard is the neighbor. He said the whole house went up surprisingly fast.
"She called 911 and I grabbed the kids to take them over to the neighbor's house," said Hubbard, "Firefighters were there in 5 minutes. By that time the house was pretty much engulfed."
Fire officials don't believe the fire is suspicious.
No cause has been determined.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says