HAVELOCK - Havelock fire officials are working to determine how a home caught fire Wednesday.
The incident happened on the 300 block of Tallpine Road just after 6:00 a.m., officials said. A family lives in the home, but the family was not there at the time of the fire. The home looks to be a total loss.
A house nearby also sustained some damage to its siding. However, that home did not catch fire.
The people who live next door were the ones who called 911. Austin Hubbard is the neighbor. He said the whole house went up surprisingly fast.
"She called 911 and I grabbed the kids to take them over to the neighbor's house," said Hubbard, "Firefighters were there in 5 minutes. By that time the house was pretty much engulfed."
Fire officials don't believe the fire is suspicious.
No cause has been determined.
- Updated Apartment complex warns residents about clown trying to lure kids into woods
- Updated Poké Balls pop up in front of Target stores
- Updated Generic EpiPen coming for $300, as Mylan responds to outrage
- Updated Abedin, Weiner separating after new sexting allegations
- Fitbit unveils two new fitness trackers -- including waterproof version