NORTH CAROLINA - North Carolina's latest "Booze It & Lose It" campaign caught a number of trick-or-treaters during the week-long effort.
A statement from the N.C. Department of Transportation says law enforcement officers arrested 842 people for driving drunk between Oct. 25 and Oct. 31.
Mecklenburg County led the state with 70 arrests for driving while impaired. Wake and Forsyth counties were next at 52 arrests each. Cumberland County reported 41 arrests with Guilford County next at 40.
In addition to DWI arrests, local and state law enforcement officers issued 33,472 traffic and criminal citations statewide, including 2,137 safety belt and 360 child passenger safety violations, and 9,015 speeding violations.
Authorities also apprehended 911 fugitives from justice and recovered 52 stolen vehicles.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects