TOPSAIL - Motorists heading to North Topsail Beach will be experiencing delays as bridge preservation work begins on the N.C. 210 bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway.
The N.C. Department of Transportation says nightly lane closures will continue from 7 p.m. until 6 a.m. through the end of November. In addition, daytime lane closures will occur from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, weather permitting.
The existing bridge was built in 1968, and maintenance and preservation are needed to keep the bridge in good condition. Crews are using high-powered jets of water to remove any deteriorated concrete. When that's done, crews will place a layer of latex-modified concrete on the bridge's surface.
Crews will also repair the bridge's concrete supports.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting