MANNS HARBOR - (AP) - There will be fewer ferries running on the Stumpy Point-Rodanthe emergency route.
The ferry division of the N.C. Department of Transportation says the runs from each side are being reduced to eight to reduce costs. The reduced schedule takes effect Wednesday.
Eliminated runs are those with the least amount of traffic and include the 8 p.m. departure from Stumpy Point and the 11 p.m. departure from Rodanthe.
With the new schedule, the runs from Stumpy Point begin at 6 a.m. with the last run at 10 p.m. Runs from Rodanthe begin at 7 a.m. and the last run is at 9 p.m.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend