MANNS HARBOR - (AP) - There will be fewer ferries running on the Stumpy Point-Rodanthe emergency route.
The ferry division of the N.C. Department of Transportation says the runs from each side are being reduced to eight to reduce costs. The reduced schedule takes effect Wednesday.
Eliminated runs are those with the least amount of traffic and include the 8 p.m. departure from Stumpy Point and the 11 p.m. departure from Rodanthe.
With the new schedule, the runs from Stumpy Point begin at 6 a.m. with the last run at 10 p.m. Runs from Rodanthe begin at 7 a.m. and the last run is at 9 p.m.
- Updated Apple criticizes Trump over reversal of transgender bathroom guidelines
- Updated 'What's the capital of Canada?' and other weird job interview questions
- Updated SpaceX docks with space station on second try
- Updated NASA satellite photos show effects of California rain
- Updated Cheesemaker Sargento expands listeria recall, cuts supplier