The North Carolina Department of Transportation's Ferry Division's Pamlico Sound routes are phasing out extra runs added post Hurricane Sandy and are returning to their normal winter schedules.
The extra departures added to the Swan Quarter-Ocracoke route to accommodate weekend and holiday travelers will be eliminated this weekend to reduce costs.
The state ferry division will restart these ferries if more travelers demand them.
The Swan Quarter-Ocracoke winter schedule will have ferries departing from Swan Quarter at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Then departing from Ocracoke at 7 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
The Cedar Island-Ocracoke route will return to its normal winter schedule Tuesday, December 4.
That schedule has ferries departing from Cedar Island at 7 and 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Then from Ocracoke at 7:30 a.m., 1 and 4 p.m.
- Updated WHO: Americas officially free from measles
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida