The North Carolina Department of Transportation announced some road closures in Eastern Carolina.
The Alligator River Bridge, on Highway 64 that connects Tyrrell and Dare Counties, will be closed from April 2 -14 for rehabilitation work.
Meanwhile, Highway 17 Business in Jacksonville has been reduced to two-lane, two-way traffic on the Buddy Phillips Bridge over the New River, as crews build a bridge there.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Rhymefest's angry tweet draws Chicago police apology
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction