WAKE FOREST, WAKE COUNTY - A North Carolina woman is accused of leaving two dogs inside a hot car, killing both animals.
According to Bill Crabtree of the Town of Wake Forest, 34-year-old Jennifer King, of Franklinton, has been charged with animal cruelty.
King allegedly left two dogs inside her car for nearly two hours while she shopped at a Wake Forest Walmart Wednesday morning, Crabtree said in a news release.
Although the temperature was about 80 degrees, the reported temperature inside King's vehicle was more than 120 degrees.
King was taken to the Wake County Detention Center. There is no word on her bond.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter