CHARLOTTE - A North Carolina woman has been charged with sending nude photos of her 4-year-old son to her boyfriend.
A document filed with U.S. District Court in Charlotte says the woman is charged with producing child pornography and distributing child pornography.
James Burns, a special agent with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, says in the document that the woman told investigators she used her mother's cellphone to take the pictures, which she then sent to her boyfriend in Tennessee.
The photos were traced back to the woman and her boyfriend after investigators learned in January that a man in Texas had child pornography, including the photos of the young boy.
The woman is not being identified to protect the child's identity.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person