RALEGIH, WAKE COUNTY - The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission has a new head of law enforcement.
Jon Evans has been promoted to colonel and began work as chief of the Division of Law Enforcement this week.
He replaces Dale Caveny who retired last month after almost three decades of service. The commission says Evans will supervise a team of more than 200 wildlife officers who enforce conservation and boating laws as well as fish and wildlife regulations.
Evans has been with the commission since 1996 and has served as director of wildlife officer training for the past three years.
- New Eyewitness claims woman threw kittens from moving car
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn