RALEGIH, WAKE COUNTY - The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission has a new head of law enforcement.
Jon Evans has been promoted to colonel and began work as chief of the Division of Law Enforcement this week.
He replaces Dale Caveny who retired last month after almost three decades of service. The commission says Evans will supervise a team of more than 200 wildlife officers who enforce conservation and boating laws as well as fish and wildlife regulations.
Evans has been with the commission since 1996 and has served as director of wildlife officer training for the past three years.
- Trump meets with top US manufacturers
- Updated Uber pleads with users deleting the app: 'We're hurting'
- New York Times ad seeks the truth ... during the Oscars
- Updated Lejeune High School senior named Marine Corps Military Child of the Year
- One Republican congressman's plan to deal with town hall disrupters