NORTH CAROLINA - The North Carolina Highway Patrol says there will be more troopers on the road for the Memorial Day weekend.
Troopers also will work with local police and sheriff's deputies in the "Click it or Ticket" seatbelt checkpoints across North Carolina.
Troopers also will cooperate in Operation CARE, a patrol effort to prevent crashes and ensure compliance with driving laws.
People can report crashes, impaired drivers, stranded motorists or other highway problems to the Highway Patrol by dialing Star-HP on their cellphones. The toll free call connects callers to the nearest Highway Patrol communications center.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants