DUNN - The Fayetteville Observer reports Dunn City Council plans an ordinance to ban saggy pants.
Council's instructions to the city attorney this week came despite public criticism and a letter from the American Civil Liberties Union of North Carolina. The letter suggests the ban could be unconstitutional and would be too vague to be enforced.
The idea could be discussed at a meeting Sept. 11.
Mayor Pro Tem Carnell Robinson proposed the ordinance that would outlaw wearing pants more than three inches below the waste.
Robinson is past director of the North Carolina Black Leadership Caucus. He has denied that the ordinance could be considered racist. He says there is nothing positive about the fashion trend.
- Updated The history behind Kaepernick's anthem protest
- Police say erratic driving leads to arrest, stolen vehicle recovered
- Yokohama Tire Corporation Selects North Carolina for Technical Development Center, Creating 56 Jobs
- McCain, Rubio, Wasserman Schultz face Tuesday primary tests
- Parmalee announces their return to Greenville