HICKORY, N.C. - A middle-school teacher in Caldwell County has been suspended after officials learned that she disciplined a special needs child by placing him in a cardboard box.
The Hickory Daily News reports (http://bit.ly/JfHeie ) that Joy Amatuccio found out this week that her 14-year-old son at Hudson Middle School was put in a cardboard box the size of a refrigerator in mid-April.
Amatuccio said she asked the principal why he hadn't called her as soon as he discovered the teacher had used the cardboard box as a discipline method. She said the principal told her it was a poor decision.
Libby Brown of the Caldwell County Schools said the teacher has been suspended with pay for three days and that an investigation is under way. The teacher's name hasn't been released.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day