RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - North Carolina State University is announcing plans to develop a privately managed hotel and conference facility on Centennial Campus.
The facility is to operate under the Marriott Autograph Collection franchise. It's expected to open with 155 rooms and 7,500 square feet of meeting space, with potential expansion of up to an additional 75 rooms and 7,500 square feet of meeting space.
A statement from the school says opening is targeted for 2016, although final plans are still in development. The hotel will overlook Lake Raleigh and sit adjacent to the current Park Alumni Center, with conference facility space complementary to the center.
The university envisions using the hotel to attract regional, national and international conferences, particularly related to education, science and technology. The $28 million project will be privately funded.
Photo courtesy of North Carolina State University.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen