FORT BRAGG - The Department of Defense announced Thursday the death a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. Daniel T. Lee, 28, of Crossville, Tenn., died Jan. 15, in Parwan Province, Afghanistan, from wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with small arms fire during combat operations.
He was assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne), Fort Bragg, N.C.
- Updated Failing storm pipe caused hole in road
- Updated British Muslim schoolteacher denied entry to US
- Updated Missouri man accused of trying to aid ISIS-inspired attack
- Melbourne plane crash: CEO, lawyer, ex-FBI agent among Americans killed
- Updated Pitt County school bus hit by car, no students injured