ASHEVILLE - A North Carolina school district is being sued by more families who say their children were sexually molested by a teacher.
The lawsuits filed Monday by two families accuse Burke County Public Schools of failing to protect their children and dozens of others.
Fifty-four-year-old Michael Alexander is serving 50 years in prison in the international child pornography case.
The family of an 8-year-old girl filed a similar lawsuit last year in U.S. District Court.
The lawsuits claim Alexander excused girls from activities at Hildebran Elementary School. Then he sexually abused them in classrooms and posted the videos. The lawsuits say 50 girls could have been victims.
The pornography was discovered last year after an international police organization found online photos of young girls wearing Hildbran T-shirts.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere