RALEIGH - North Carolina Senate Republicans are aiming to raise 2012 campaign money through a gun competition.
The North Carolina Republican Senate Caucus will hold the Nov. 10 clay shooting fundraiser at Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School in Sanford. Event admission is $1,000 per person, which includes a barbecue lunch and the "Caucus Clay Shoot" competition. An invitation to the event says the team that wins the competition will receive Perdue brand turkeys - a thinly-veiled reference to Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue, who is up for re-election next year.
State GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said Thursday giving out turkeys to the winners would be a fun prize around Thanksgiving. As for the Perdue brand, Lockwood said "it was a natural choice."
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says