RALEIGH - North Carolina Senate Republicans are aiming to raise 2012 campaign money through a gun competition.
The North Carolina Republican Senate Caucus will hold the Nov. 10 clay shooting fundraiser at Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School in Sanford. Event admission is $1,000 per person, which includes a barbecue lunch and the "Caucus Clay Shoot" competition. An invitation to the event says the team that wins the competition will receive Perdue brand turkeys - a thinly-veiled reference to Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue, who is up for re-election next year.
State GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said Thursday giving out turkeys to the winners would be a fun prize around Thanksgiving. As for the Perdue brand, Lockwood said "it was a natural choice."
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'