RALEIGH - North Carolina Senate Republicans are aiming to raise 2012 campaign money through a gun competition.
The North Carolina Republican Senate Caucus will hold the Nov. 10 clay shooting fundraiser at Deep River Sporting Clays and Shooting School in Sanford. Event admission is $1,000 per person, which includes a barbecue lunch and the "Caucus Clay Shoot" competition. An invitation to the event says the team that wins the competition will receive Perdue brand turkeys - a thinly-veiled reference to Democratic Gov. Beverly Perdue, who is up for re-election next year.
State GOP spokesman Rob Lockwood said Thursday giving out turkeys to the winners would be a fun prize around Thanksgiving. As for the Perdue brand, Lockwood said "it was a natural choice."
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County