WASHINGTON - A former North Carolina probation officer is facing time in prison after he was convicted for coercing a female probationer into having sex with him.
The U.S. Attorney's office announced Friday that 43-year-old Willie James Steele Jr. was sentenced to the maximum 24 months in prison, followed by one year of supervised release.
Prosecutors say Steele supervised the female probationer in 2008 after her probation was transferred to North Carolina from another state. The prosecutors said Steele violated the woman's rights by having non-consensual sex with the woman during two separate probation meetings.
Steele was found guilty last December.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria