RALEIGH - (AP) - North Carolina's new Republican governor and top GOP legislative leaders are huddling with the state's top business lobby to talk about issues important to companies.
The North Carolina Chamber holds its annual government affairs conference on Tuesday in Raleigh. Gov. Pat McCrory and the Republican and Democratic leaders in the state House and Senate are expected to speak to an audience of business leaders about issues important to them.
The business group says they want to hear about policies that will be changed during the current session of the General Assembly and what that will mean to businesses. More than 350 attendees from corporations, associations and public policy groups are expected to attend.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race