RALEIGH - (AP) - North Carolina's new Republican governor and top GOP legislative leaders are huddling with the state's top business lobby to talk about issues important to companies.
The North Carolina Chamber holds its annual government affairs conference on Tuesday in Raleigh. Gov. Pat McCrory and the Republican and Democratic leaders in the state House and Senate are expected to speak to an audience of business leaders about issues important to them.
The business group says they want to hear about policies that will be changed during the current session of the General Assembly and what that will mean to businesses. More than 350 attendees from corporations, associations and public policy groups are expected to attend.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals