AHOSKIE - A Hertford County police officer of nine years was arrested for allegedly committing statutory rape against a minor.
According to the Roanoke-Chowan News Herald, the S.B.I. arrested Ahoskie Police Lt. Andres Jorge Snape, Jr. Wednesday night. He was charged with 21 felonies- seven counts each of statutory rape, indecent liberties with a child and statutory sexual offense.
Snape was immediately fired from the Ahoskie Police Department, where he had worked since 2004.
According to Ahoskie Police Chief Troy Fitzhugh, he received a complaint about Snape on Jan. 22, and contacted the S.B.I. Snape was then put on administrative leave with pay.
Snape was being held in the Hertford County Jail under a $1 million secured bond His first court appearance was scheduled for Friday.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial