GASTONIA - Gastonia police as accusing a woman of using a stun gun on an 11-year-old boy and taking a swing at a 17-year-old girl.
The Gaston Gazette reports that police say 39-year-old Toni Nicole Meeks assaulted an 11-year-old boy by jolting him in the neck with a stun gun. A police report says the boy had "visible marks" on his neck where the gun burned him. He was treated at a local hospital.
Police also say Meeks swung her fists at the girl in a separate incident on the same street. The two incidents occurred Thursday.
Meeks is charged with assault with a deadly weapon and assault on a child under 12, and with simple assault. She is free on $10,000 bond. It's not known if she has an attorney.
- Updated Police monitoring crosswalks and school zones on first day
- Updated Mark Zuckerberg hopes to demo his AI butler next month
- Updated Woman sues Milwaukee Brewers over foul ball incident
- Updated Japan's first passenger jet had a nightmare weekend
- Updated Study: Most adults with depression aren't treated