GRAHAM, N.C. - A North Carolina 19-year-old faces jail time after pulling down his pants while walking away from a judge.
The Times-News of Burlington reports Jonathan Lee Gaddy, of Burlington, was in court this week to face an underage drinking charge. Alamance County District Court Judge Jim Roberson told him twice to pull his sweatpants up to his waist.
Gaddy yanked his pants down to above his knees on his way out of the courtroom, exposing his underwear.
Roberson ordered him taken into custody for 10 days in the Alamance County jail for Thursday's offense. Roberson also scolded Gaddy for laughing and making disruptive outbursts in court.
Gaddy followed his attorney's advice and apologized to the judge.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County