GROVER, N.C. - A North Carolina man has died from injuries he suffered from enemy small-arms fire in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department says 21-year-old Spc. James A. Justice of Grover died Friday at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. He suffered his injuries Tuesday in the Wardak province.
Justice was assigned to an airborne brigade combat team based at Caserma Ederle in Vicenza, Italy.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte