CHARLOTTE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY - Police in Charlotte say a man is facing a number of charges after he forced a young woman into prostitution.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said 30-year-old Tony Drum is in the county jail on charges ranging from human trafficking to facilitating a minor's prostitution.
A statement from police say Drum met a woman under the age of 18 in an online chat room. In August, Drum drove to South Carolina, picked up the victim and brought her back to Charlotte and forced her into prostitution.
An officer discovered the victim while she was walking alone on a local street and found she was listed as a missing person. Detectives took out warrants on Drum, who was arrested on Tuesday. When he was apprehended, a second victim was found inside his car.
- Updated Manchester attack: What we know and don't know
- Former Windsor police officer convicted for role in narcotics ring
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck