CHARLOTTE, MECKLENBURG COUNTY - Police in Charlotte say a man is facing a number of charges after he forced a young woman into prostitution.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police said 30-year-old Tony Drum is in the county jail on charges ranging from human trafficking to facilitating a minor's prostitution.
A statement from police say Drum met a woman under the age of 18 in an online chat room. In August, Drum drove to South Carolina, picked up the victim and brought her back to Charlotte and forced her into prostitution.
An officer discovered the victim while she was walking alone on a local street and found she was listed as a missing person. Detectives took out warrants on Drum, who was arrested on Tuesday. When he was apprehended, a second victim was found inside his car.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog