NORTH CAROLINA - Playing the big-money games in the North Carolina Education Lottery soon may be as easy as sitting in front of a desktop or opening a laptop.
Lottery officials have announced plans to offer a service that will allow players to buy tickets for its Powerball, Mega Millions and Carolina Cash 5 games by subscription through its website.
Officials hope to launch the service in November.
Under the plan, a subscription to at least two weeks of drawings for one of the three games is required for any purchase. Players cannot use the service to buy a single draw ticket.
The Education Lottery would join at least 11 other state lotteries, including Virginia and Georgia, that already provide a type of subscription service to their players.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal