RALEIGH - (AP) - Nearly 1,800 North Carolina lottery players kept it simple when choosing their numbers, and their 10,000-to-1 shot is paying off.
The North Carolina Education Lottery said Thursday the winning numbers of Wednesday night's Carolina Pick 4 drawing was 3-3-3-3. The drawing produced 1,793 winning tickets that matched all four numbers. The winners divide $6.6 million.
The game's top prize of $5,000 will go to 848 players across the state who bought a $1 ticket. A $2,500 prize goes to 945 players who gambled with a 50-cent ticket.
Winners can't claim their prizes until Monday. That's because the state lottery's regional offices are closed through the weekend for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Winners have 180 days to claim their prizes at regional offices in Raleigh, Asheville, Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, and Wilmington.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Updated Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction