WINSTON-SALEM - State Rep. Larry Womble says he's glad that evidence helped clear him of charges stemming from a car crash in which a motorist was killed.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports ) that Womble made his first public appearance since the N.C. Attorney General's Office dismissed a charge of misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. Additional evidence showed that Carmichael's car crossed the centerline on Dec. 2, 2011, and collided with Womble's car. Carmichael's blood-alcohol level was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit.
Womble said nearly every bone in his body was broken and he can no longer see out of his left eye, but his doctors say he is progressing well.
While not ruling out another run for public office, Womble said his focus right now is on his recovery.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates