RALEIGH, WAKE COUNTY - Law enforcement officers from across North Carolina are joining together in a bicycle ride to honor the 62 state troopers killed in the line of duty since 1929.
The 62-mile bicycle ride is scheduled to begin Monday at the State Highway Patrol Training Academy in Raleigh.
Cyclists will travel though Angier, Holly Springs and several other communities before returning to the training academy.
More than 30 troopers participated in the memorial ride last year, which was held in honor of Trooper Bobby Gene Demuth. He was killed in 2012.
This year's ride honors all 62 members who were killed in the line of duty.
- Updated Hoboken train crash: 1 dead as focus turns to rail safety
- New Lynaire Kennels to reopen in Craven County
- New Jacksonville hosting Terracross Championship this weekend
- New Carteret County Health Department hosts free rabies vaccine clinic
- LIVE World leaders gather for funeral of former Israeli PM Peres