GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - An inmate at Neuse Correctional Institution in Goldsboro has died three weeks after he was involved in a fight with another inmate.
Spokeswoman Pamela Walker of the N.C. Department of Public Safety says Terry Houser died Wednesday at Wayne Memorial Hospital.
Walker says Houser was admitted to the hospital on June 30 after an apparent fight with Christopher Phillips, who is charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury. He is currently in the Wayne County Jail, and jail records didn't indicate whether Phillips has an attorney.
Goldsboro police are investigating the incident.
Neuse Correctional Institution is a minimum security prison facility in Goldsboro, 53 miles southeast of Raleigh.
- Updated Amanda Knox documentary takes media to task
- Updated Obama waits impatiently for Bill Clinton on Air Force One
- Ryder Cup: Europe cuts US lead on opening day at Hazeltine
- Wells Fargo made me work overtime -- without extra pay
- Rangers officially complete purchase of Kinston franchise from Minor League Baseball