GOLDSBORO, WAYNE COUNTY - An inmate at Neuse Correctional Institution in Goldsboro has died three weeks after he was involved in a fight with another inmate.
Spokeswoman Pamela Walker of the N.C. Department of Public Safety says Terry Houser died Wednesday at Wayne Memorial Hospital.
Walker says Houser was admitted to the hospital on June 30 after an apparent fight with Christopher Phillips, who is charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury. He is currently in the Wayne County Jail, and jail records didn't indicate whether Phillips has an attorney.
Goldsboro police are investigating the incident.
Neuse Correctional Institution is a minimum security prison facility in Goldsboro, 53 miles southeast of Raleigh.
- Updated One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating