HIGH POINT, N.C. - One North Carolina hospital is restricting visitation to help deal with the flu.
The High Point Enterprise reported that High Point Regional Health System is restricting visitation for people under 18 years old to prevent the spread of the influenza virus.
Infection control manager Cherrie Speagle says restriction is for those under 18 because they may have weaker immune systems and come into contact with more people.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of doctor visits for flu-like illnesses reached the national baseline in mid-November. This is the earliest in the regular season that influenza activity has reached the national baseline level since the 2003-04 season.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter