MINNESOTA - A 10-year-old girl from North Carolina is dead after sledding in central Minnesota.
Meeker County Sheriff Jeff Norlin says the girl had been sledding down a hill with other children in a Dassel Township backyard when her sled hit a stump and she was ejected. It happened around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. She later died at a local hospital.
The West Central Tribune reports she was at the residence of her grandparents, Craig and Barbara Kay.
The sheriff says the children were under adult supervision and this appears to be an accident.
The sheriff's office is continuing to investigate.
- Updated Residents concerned wrecks at local intersection will only get worse
- Updated House Dems to FBI: Probe alleged Trump-Russian ties
- Updated Trump announces surprise meeting with Mexican president
- Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device