DURHAM, DURHAM COUNTY - The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina is receiving a grant to help it feed children on weekends and during school breaks.
Officials with the Bayer USA Foundation will present the grant Monday at the Food Bank office in Durham.
Bayer USA officials say the grant will provide nearly 500,000 healthy meals to children over a three-year period. The weekend program provides food for children who are eligible for free and low-cost meals at school.
The program will help nearly 700 students this school year and will grow to almost 900 children in the third year of the grant.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mississippi
- Two kayakers bound for Scotland, looking to make history
- Associated Press botches Hillary Clinton report and response