CHARLOTTE - The family of a teen who fell from the wheel well of a jet in a Boston suburb two years ago is suing Charlotte, its airport and US Airways.
The family of Delvonte Tisdale says negligence by Charlotte, Charlotte-Douglas International Airport and the airline caused the teen to fall from a Boeing 737 to his death.
The lawsuit says the city, the airport and the airline should have done more to prevent Tisdale from getting onto the tarmac and into the wheel well of the plane. It seeks damages in excess of $10,000.
City attorney Bob Hagemann says he doesn't see how the city or airport could be liable for Tisdale's actions.
The teen's body was so badly damaged that an autopsy was unable to determine the cause of death.
- Updated Melania Trump to give two or three 'important speeches'
- Updated Former IU player alleges abuse at hands of Bob Knight
- Updated Drivers asked to be on watch as deer appear more on roadways
- Updated Man shot dead outside US Embassy in Kenya after knife attack
- Woman wins $1 million trying to teach husband a lesson about lotteries