North Carolina's fall fishing season is starting, and there are some changes this year.
WWAY-TV reports that license suspensions are being handled differently. Marine Patrol officials say that licenses are suspended for 30 days after two violations.
With four violations, there's a one-year suspension.
Officials say the best way to avoid problems is to study the new rules before setting out to fish.
- Updated NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Updated Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Updated Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew