RALEIGH - The union representing 55,000 state workers and retirees announced Monday its Employees Political Action Committee endorsed neither McCrory nor Democratic Lt. Gov. Walter Dalton.
Association executive director Dana Cope said committee members felt neither candidate addressed their concerns. Cope said this year's no-decision means no money will go to Dalton and McCrory and significant amounts won't go to either major party.
SEANC (SEE-nick) endorsed Democrat Beverly Perdue in 2008 and along with its national parent union gave more than $1 million to the state Democratic Party to help Perdue and others.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today