WILMINGTON - A North Carolina sheriff's deputy faces two felony sex charges after an investigation by state law enforcement agents.
The New Hanover County Sheriff's Office said Monday it fired 37-year-old Harold Lamont Fletcher after the State Bureau of Investigation charged him with secret peeping and indecent liberties with a minor.
Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Jerry Brewer said Fletcher was put on paid leave a week ago after the department received a complaint about the deputy. No details were given about the nature of the incidents.
Fletcher was hired in 2007. He is being held on a $15,000 bond.
- Updated Verizon cuts Yahoo deal price by $350 million
- Updated Crowdfunding site helps make adoptions possible
- Updated Bodies of more than 70 migrants wash up on Libya's coast
- Updated Residents evacuate after levee breach in California
- Updated Acupuncture shows promise in migraine treatment, study says