WILSON - Sheriff's deputies shot and killed an armed robbery suspect after a chase ended in Wilson County.
Deputies say the man was a suspect in two robberies and a carjacking in Smithfield early Sunday.
Deputies say the shooting happened as the chase ended on N.C. Highway 42 near Interstate 95 in Wilson County. Wilson and Johnston County deputies fired at the man after he crashed into a deputy's car.
Several police cars were damaged during the chase. There was no immediate word on injuries to any officers.
The man's name has not been released.
The State Bureau of Investigation is reviewing the shooting.NC deputies kill armed robbery suspect
- Fidel Castro laid to rest in private funeral
- Oakland fire: 30 bodies found; 80% of building still to be searched
- Updated Sec. Kerry says Trump did not contact State Dept. prior to calls
- Updated Euro falls as Italian leader quits after losing reform vote
- Updated New Zealand Prime Minister John Key resigns