WASHINGTON, D.C. - It's been a long first week of the government shutdown with late nights for everyone on Capitol Hill. And for one member of Congress, the chaos appeared to have finally caught up to him.
Rep. George Holding, R-N.C., was caught napping as he presided over the House floor Thursday evening. Rep. Louis Gohmert, R-Texas, was speaking on the House floor when Holding appeared to doze off.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- New Pence: Trump is 'a CEO at work' on immigration
- A state politician voicing concerns over the Whitewater Center reopening following amoeba death